Friday, September 15, 2006

Q&A: Resume Contents

Also, I understand an MBA resume should be different from a job resume. How different, I am not sure. Is it ok to mention your appraisal ratings?

I had a quick glance at your resume and it is very very long. I think there is a lot of extra information which no one is interested in like your salary figures and stuff like that. There is no need to mention your appraisal ratings. Over the years whatever experience I have in reviewing resumes, I have realised that most of the Indian resumes are very long ( including mine when I did not know the correct approach).

We all tend to provide too much of information inthe resume as if there won't be any chance provided to talk in the interview. Also an ideal resume should contain :

1. Summary/Profile
2. Professional Experience
3. Education
4. Interests
5. Technical trainings or other details

The content should be so crisp that it should not take more than 2 pages at the max. although MBA resumes are just 1 page in length.

No comments: